10 Signs You’re in a Contemporary Romance Novel
- You keep accidentally bumping into the same incredibly attractive person in random places, like coffee shops or elevators.
- You have a quirky best friend who always knows what to say (and is probably secretly in love with you).
- Your boss is impossibly good-looking and seems to have a lot of free time to flirt with you.
- You’ve recently discovered a secret talent for baking, and suddenly everyone is lining up to try your cupcakes.
- You’ve had a few steamy encounters with a love interest, but you’re not quite sure if they’re really into you or just using you for a rebound.
- You’re constantly torn between your career aspirations and your desire for a meaningful relationship.
- You’ve just moved to a picturesque small town where everyone knows everyone’s business (including yours).
- You keep finding excuses to run into the love interest, even if it means stalking their social media or joining their spin class.
- You’ve been roped into organizing a charity event or fundraiser, and the love interest just happens to be your co-chair.
- You’ve had a dramatic falling out with the love interest, but you know deep down that you’ll be reunited in the end (probably at a wedding or airport).
10 great small town romance series/novels
- The Bailey Brothers Series by Claire Kingsley – The books are set in Tilikum, Washington and feature a family of brothers falling in love.
- The Bootleg Springs Series by Lucy Score and Claire Kingsley – This six book series takes place in a small town in West Virginia and follows the Bodine family as they navigate their way through a murder investigation that may have implications for their family.
- The Chestnut Springs Series by Elsie Silver – This book is set in a small town outside of Calgary, Alberta, Canada and features a family of brothers.
- The Virgin River Series by Robyn Carr – This series takes place in a small town in California and follows various couples as they fall in love and navigate the challenges of small town life.
- The Blue Heron Series by Kristan Higgins – This series is set in a small town in New York and features various members of the Holland family finding love.
- The Lucky Harbor Series by Jill Shalvis – This series takes place in a small town in Washington and follows a group of friends as they find love and start new lives.
- The Cedar Cove Series by Debbie Macomber – This series is set in a small town in Washington and follows various couples as they fall in love and deal with the challenges of small town life.
- The Chesapeake Shores Series by Sherryl Woods – This series takes place in a small town in Maryland and follows the O’Brien family as they navigate their relationships and family drama.
- Small Town Rumors by Carolyn Brown – This book is set in a small town in Texas and features a woman who returns home and falls in love with her high school crush.
- A Town Called Valentine by Emma Cane – This book takes place in a small town in Colorado and follows a woman who moves to town and falls in love with the local sheriff.
Read my review of the latest installment in the wonderful Bergman Siblings series by Chloe Liese, here.